Bacon Cheese Burgers
- 4 Slices Smoked Bacon
- 1 1/2 Lb. Ground Chuck
- 3/4 Plus 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 3/4 Plus 1/8 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Small Red Onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 4 Slices Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Burger Buns
- 1/4 C. Mayonnaise
- 4 Green Leaf Lettuce Leaves
- 8 Slices Tomato
- 1/4 C. Coarse Ground Mustard
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat.
- In large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 12 minutes or until crisp, turning occasionally. Transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate to cool; cut slices crosswise in half.
- In large bowl, gently mix ground chuck, 3/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper until well blended but not overmixed. Form mixture into four 1/2-inch-thick patties.
- In medium bowl, toss onion, oil and remaining 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Place 12 x 16-inch sheet aluminum foil on work surface; place onion in center of foil. Bring top and bottom of foil sheet together over onion; crimp together and fold down over onion. Double fold both ends of packet toward onion.
- Place onion packet on hot grill rack; cover and cook 20 minutes. Place burgers on hot grill rack; cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes longer or until internal temperature of burgers reaches 160°, turning once. About 2 minutes before burgers are done, top burgers with bacon and cheese, and place buns, cut side down, on hot grill rack; cook 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and buns are toasted.
- Spread bottom halves of buns with mayonnaise; top with lettuce, tomato, burgers, onions, mustard and top buns.
- Be gentle when mixing the ground chuck with the seasoning. Overmixing can make the burgers dry and tough.
- To prevent the burgers from bulging in the center during cooking, press down in the center of each patty with a thumb to create a depression.
- Use a spatula rather than tongs to flip the burgers to prevent releasing the tasty juices from the burgers and drying them out.
You can’t go wrong with classic Bacon Cheese Burgers! Fire up the grill, crack open an ice cold drink, and enjoy! Summer grilling wouldn’t be complete without a classic side dish to go with the burgers… so try out this Classic Potato Salad as well!
Shop from the comfort of your home! You can shop online at any of our proud family of stores for these recipe ingredients as well as the rest of your grocery list! We offer curbside pick up at all locations and delivery in select locations as well. Don’t forget to connect your MORE Rewards account when you shop online for extra savings, digital coupons, and many other rewards too!