This recipe has been in our family for years. It’s our go to breakfast when we all get together. It tastes delicious too! ~ Christine J.
Baked Oatmeal Coffeecake
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Options: Stevia to equal 1 cup OR not use as much sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- Options: 1/2 cup of apple sauce OR coconut oil OR melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Mix together the oatmeal, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add oil (or one of the options) eggs, and milk. Mix well.
- Now The Fun Part: 1/2 cup of any of these can be added. If healthy add fruit, if fun add chips and seeds. Suggestions: sunflower seeds, chopped pecans or walnuts, raisins, mini chocolate chips, chopped fresh strawberries, raspberries, blueberries.
- Pour in a 9x9 inch pan.
- Bake 1/2 hour at 350°F degrees oven.