For the Sauce:
- 1/3 C. Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced (may sub 1 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 tsp. Grated Ginger (may sub ½ teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
For the Pork:
- 1 lb. Ground Pork
- 2 Cups Diced Mushrooms
- 1/2 Medium Onion, diced
- 1 Can (8 oz) Water Chestnuts, diced
For serving and topping:
- Lettuce Leaves (butter lettuce, bib or green lettuce)
- Shredded Cabbage and Carrot Mix
- Green Onion, sliced
- Cilantro, chopped
- Roasted Cashews, chopped
- Sesame Seeds
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Lime Wedge
- In a small mason jar or bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Whisk well with fork and set aside.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, add the ground pork, diced mushrooms, diced onion and a little salt and pepper. Cook for about 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally. Add water chestnuts and continue to cook until pork is cooked through.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and add the sauce to the pan plus 2 tablespoons additional water (add the water to the empty mason jar that contained the sauce, then shake up and pour in).
- Bring to a low simmer and continue to cook for 5-7 minutes or until sauce is mostly absorbed. Stir occasionally.
- Serve pork in lettuce leaves with desired toppings.
Ready in 30 minutes | Carb-friendly