Easy Pork Ramen Bowl
Made with lean pork | 1 cup of veggies per serving | Free from Egg | Free from Dairy
- 8 oz. Pork Loin Medallions or Pork Loin Steaks, trimmed of fat
- 4 C. Hot, No-Salt-Added Vegetable Stock
- 2 tsp. Hot Chili Sauce, or some to taste
- 1 tsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 C. Shiitake or Chestnut Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 Chinese Greens, like baby bok choy, sliced
- 1 Red Pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 4 oz Dried Ramen Noodles, (plain without spice packets)
- 1/2 C. Matchstick Carrots
- 1 Red Chili, deseeded and sliced
- 4 Springs Fresh Cilantro
- Wedges of 1 lime, as garnish
- Add the stock to a large saucepan with the chili sauce and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the pork and cook for 7 minutes, turning once.
- Add the teriyaki sauce and 3 tablespoons of water to the pan with the pork. Cook pork for a further 2 minutes or until the juices run clear. Add the mushrooms, bok choy, pepper, noodles, and carrots to the chili broth. Cover and simmer for 4 minutes until the noodles and vegetables are tender.
- Slice the pork thinly. Divide the noodles and vegetables between 2 bowls and ladle over the broth. Top each with the pork strips, chili and lime. Serve immediately
Recipe shared with permission from Pork Board.