Recipe Difficulty: Medium
- Cutting board
- Knife, Fork
- Muffin Tin
- Large Liquid Measuring cup
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Non-Stick Spray
- 6 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 3/4 Cup of Hashbrowns, frozen or thawed
- 1 1/2 Cup Chopped Veggies (Peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, onion, olives, spinach, etc.)
- 3 Slices of Deli Meat (Ham or Turkey), chopped
- 1/3 Cup Shredded Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and as always, start by washing your hands!
- Spray your muffin tin (only 6 spots) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Crack 6 Eggs into your medium liquid measuring cup. Set aside and wash your hands.
- Carefully prepare your vegetables by chopping them into small pieces. As always, have an adult assist.
- Carefully chop deli meat and wash hands.
Time to Assemble The Egg Cups!
- This recipe makes 6 Egg Cups. In each of the empty spots on your muffin tin, assemble the following ingredients. Adding just a little bit of each ingredient: hashbrowns, veggies, deli meat, cheese.
- Next, pour your milk into your egg mixture, and beat the eggs with a fork until well combined. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the other ingredients, filling each cup about 3/4 full. Wash your hands.
- Carefully place them in the oven and set a timer for 18-25 minutes. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees and the eggs are set. Carefully remove from the oven, and use a fork to lift them out of the muffin tin. Be sure to turn off the oven and wash your hands. Enjoy!!
- Don't have hash browns? Sub in a few pieces of cut whole grain bread. About 2-3 small pieces per egg cup.
- Add in fresh, frozen, or canned vegetables. If frozen, thaw in the microwave for about 30-60 seconds. This will make it easier to cut into smaller pieces.