Favorite Chocolate Chip Bars or Cookies
- 1 Cup (2 sticks) Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2¼ Cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 (12 Oz.) Package Food Club Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips*
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl of an electric mixer, place butter, sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt, add to butter mixture and mix until blended. Fold in chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased or parchment lined baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
Yield: 4½ dozen 2-inch cookies. Alternately, pat dough evenly into a greased 15x10x1-inch jellyroll pan. Bake 24 to 27 minutes. Cool before cutting into 48 bars.
*Use 2 cups of chips when measuring from the 24 oz. bag of Food Club Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips.