French Onion Bruschetta
- 1 Loaf Crusty Bread, cut into pieces with 1/2 inch width
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 4 Small Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 C. Low-Sodium Beef Broth
- 6 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 6 oz. Crystal Farms® Shredded Swiss Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice bread, arrange on prepared baking sheet, and brush with olive oil. Bake for 3-5 minutes, flip, and bake 3-5 minutes more.
- Heat olive oil in a deep pan over medium heat and add onions.
- Stir slowly to caramelize, this will take about 30 minutes. Be sure to continue stirring, so that the onions don't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- While the onions are cooking, turn on the broiler to preheat.
- Slowly add beef broth to the pan with caramelized onions 1/4 cup at a time. Continue stirring until the onions absorb the liquid.
- Add fresh thyme leaves and remove from heat.
- Top the bread pieces with the onion mixture.
- Top each piece with 2-3 Tbsp. of Crystal Farms® Shredded Swiss Cheese.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese is browned and bubbling. Allow to cool and top with additional thyme leaves, if desired!
Recipe sponsored by Crystal Farms.