Fresh Summer Quinoa Salad
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 3 Cups Quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1 Can (15 oz) Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Can (15 oz) Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Medium Cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar and minced garlic.
- Add cooked quinoa and stir well. (If you don't have pre-cooked quinoa, cook dry quinoa according to package instructions. Let cool and fluff with a fork prior to adding.)
- Add chopped vegetables, beans, salt and pepper (to taste). Mix well.
- Chill in refrigerator 10-20 minutes prior to serving.
This salad keeps well in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
Drain and rinse the chickpeas and black beans for 2-4 minutes to reduce the sodium up to 41%!