If you want a sweet and sour flavor for ribs this is the recipe for you. I’ve used this same kind of sauce with meatballs and loved them, so I thought it would be great for pork as well. Wow does it give you some awesome flavor! Enjoy… I did!
Deli & Bakery Merchandising Specialist Team Manager
- 1 Cup Chili Sauce
- 3/4 Cup Grape Jelly
- 1 T. Plus 1 1/2 tsp. Beef Flavored Broth
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 4 1/2 Lbs. Country Style Ribs
- 3 Cups Water
- To make sauce, in 1-quart saucepan, heat chili sauce, jelly, beef broth and mustard over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Heat coals or gas grill for indirect heat.
- Cut ribs into serving pieces.
- Place ribs in 4-quart Dutch oven; add water.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes; drain.
- Cover and grill pork over medium coals 15 to 20 minutes, brushing with sauce every 3 minutes, until pork reaches an internal temperature of at least 145 degrees.
- Heat any remaining sauce to boiling, stirring constantly, boil and stir 1 minute.
- Serve with ribs.