Ground Beef Pasta Primavera
This Italian-inspired recipe is a one-pot, fun to make and eat dish that combines ground beef, pasta, fresh zucchini and yellow squash. This Beef. It's What's For Dinner. recipe is certified by the American Heart Association®.
- 1 Lb. Ground Beef, 93% Lean
- 1 Can (14.5 Oz.) Reduced Sodium Beef Broth
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Pasta, uncooked
- 2 Zucchini or Yellow Squash, cut in half lengthwise then crosswise into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 Can (14.5 Oz.) No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings.
- Stir in broth, pasta, squash, tomatoes and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook 9 to 11 minutes or until pasta and squash are almost tender and sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
Dietitian's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness. Recipe provided by BeefItsWhatsForDinner