Harvest Moon Fall Latte
- One 2 lb Pie Pumpkin (or other creamy winter squash such as butternut, delicata, honeycup, or sweet dumpling)
- 1 C. Brown Sugar
- 1 C. Water
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Nutmeg
- Heat oven to 425° F
- Remove stem and split squash in half lengthwise, placing it cut-side down on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Roast squash until a paring knife slides in and out of the squash with little to no resistance, roughly 30 – 40 minutes.
- Allow squash to cool until cool enough to handle. Scoop out seeds and membrane with a spoon and discard (or wash seeds to roast further as a snack). Scoop out flesh from squash and measure one pound of roasted squash flesh (a little over 2 cups when well packed with no air gaps).
- Heat 1 Cup of water in microwave, about 2 minutes.
- Puree the squash in a food processor or blender with warmed water, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour into a container or squeeze bottle or jar and allow to come to room temperature and refrigerate for up to a week.
- Making the latte: Add a quarter cup Harvest Moon sauce to ¾ cup oat milk (or milk of choice) per drink together and heat until just hot enough to drink as a warm beverage, 145° to 160° F. Mix vigorously, put in a big mug and top with Birchwood Blend coffee until full.
Recipe adapted from Peace Coffee