Hatch Chile Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipolte Seasoning
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1 Cup Onion, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Hatch Chiles, peeled, seeded and chopped
- Whole Wheat Tortillas or Corn Tortillas
- Limes Wedges
- Pico de Gallo
- Avocado Slices
- Fresh Cilantro
- Pour in 1 Tbsp olive oil on bottom of slow cooker. Add in chicken breasts and evenly season the chicken with cumin seeds, ground cumin, garlic powder, chipolte seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add in lime juice, onions, chopped hatch chiles, and chicken broth. Stir to be sure everything is covered.
- Set slow cooker on low and cook for 4-5 hours.
- Shred the chicken with a fork and cook on low for another 30 minutes.
- Serve on tortillas and top with fresh lime juice, Pico de Gallo, avocado slices, and fresh cilantro.
This shredded chicken is great to add on top of salads for a quick and easy meal. For extra spice, add additional southwest seasoning or chopped jalapeno peppers.
If Hatch Chiles are not in season, you can substitute them with Anaheim Peppers.