Instant Pot Cauliflower Rice Jambalaya
We've taken this quintessential cajun dish and made some simple swaps to lower the sodium and reduce the carbs. Enjoy this one pot dish full of southern flavor!
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Celery Ribs, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Creole Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Dried Thyme
- 1 Lb. Andouille Sausage, sliced
- 1/2 Lb. Frozen Shrimp
- 1 Can No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 2 Cups Unsalted Chicken Broth
- 8 Cups Fresh Cauliflower Rice
- 1 Red Pepper (small, 1/2" chopped)
- 1 Green Pepper (small, 1/2" chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Parsley, for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Green Onion, for garnish (optional)
- Add oil, onions, garlic, celery jalapeno, Creole seasoning, thyme, sausage, shrimp, diced tomatoes and chicken broth to Instant Pot in that order.
- Close and lock the lid, set the floating valve on sealing. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When finished, do a quick release of the pressure. Open lid when safe to do so.
- Stir in cauliflower rice and peppers, let sit for 5 minutes with the lid on to steam. Garnish with parsley and green onion.
This recipe was created in partnership with our friends and farmers at the National Pork Board.