I received this recipe among others as a bridal shower gift from my mother-in-law in May 1990. Our family has taken this dish with on hunting and fishing trips, pot lucks, etc. I still make this recipe as the flavors are so good! ~ Denise B.
Nan’s Mac & Cheese
- 12-16 Oz. Elbow Macaroni, cooked
- 1 Can Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 2/3 Can Milk
- 1 tsp Thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 Cups Ham Chunks
- 8 Oz. Longhorn Cheddar Chunks
- 10 Oz. Frozen Asparagus, thawed, cut into chunks
- Cook macaroni as per package directions.
- Heat soup & milk in pan to make saucy.
- Combine all ingredients, folding asparagus in last.
- Bake in 350°F oven until bubbles in middle; 30 minutes covered, then uncovered.