Recipe Difficulty: Easy
These No Bake Energy Bites are perfect to add to a mid-day snack or to enjoy as a dessert. When including in a snack, pair it with a fruit or a vegetable to encourage a balanced snack.
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 Cup Oats
- ½ Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ¼ Cup Ground Flaxseed
- ½ Cup Nut Butter
- ¼ Cup Honey (or Maple Syrup)
- ¼ tsp Almond Extract (or Vanilla)
- Wash you hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Measure out all of your ingredients using the recipe above.
- Put all ingredients into mixing bowl. Use your spatula to mix all of the ingredients together. It should be very sticky. You may have to stir for 2-5 minutes. Then wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Use a spoon to scoop out some of the dough and roll into a ball- about the size of a quarter. Repeat this step until all dough is used. Then, wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Refrigerate the energy bites for about 30 minutes.
- Keep in the fridge or the freezer.
- Old Fashioned Oats or Rolled Oats work best in this recipe
- Substitute Raisins, M&M's or Mini Chocolate Chips
- Almond Butter, Sunbutter, or Peanut Butter all work great. Use what you and your family enjoy best.
- Vanilla extract can be used instead of Almond extract. If you don't have either, you can leave it out of the recipe. It will still taste great!