Parmesan Stuffed Artichokes
- 2-4 Fresh Artichokes
- 3 C. Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1 Lemon, zested and sliced into 4
- 1/2 C. Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 1/4 C. Fresh Parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1/3 Olive Oil + Plus 2 Tbsp, divided
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Prepare the fresh artichokes: Trim the leaves, slice off the top, scoop out and discard the center choke. Take a slice of lemon and run over the top/leaves of the artichokes to prevent them from turning brown. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine Italian breadcrumbs, lemon zest, Parmesan cheese, 4 garlic cloves, fresh parsley, Italian seasoning, 1/3 C. olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- Starting at the center, gently pull the leaves of the artichoke outward, leaving the center open for the Parmesan breadcrumb stuffing.
- Stuff the center of the artichoke with the breadcrumb stuffing and stuff any extra mixture between the extra leaves.
- Using a dutch oven (or another oven-safe deep dish pan with a lid), fill the pot with 1 inch of boiling water. Toss in additional lemon slices and cloves of garlic to the water.
- Place the stuffed artichokes upright in the water, using other artichokes to help them all stand up straight. Drizzle the tops of the artichokes with olive oil.
- Cover tightly with the lid and bake in the oven at 350°F for 60-75 minutes. (*The dish must be covered!) Cook until leaves can be easily pulled off and the center of the artichoke is soft enough for a knife to go through. At the end, remove the lid and broil for 1-2 minutes for a crispy, cheesy top. Enjoy!