Pears with Walnut and Spinach with Citrusy Dressing
- 1 USA Anjou or Bartlett Pear, very ripe or overripe, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 C. Mandarin Orange Juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 C. Rice Vinegar, unseasoned
- 2 tsp. Ginger, freshly grated
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 2 Tbsp. Sesame Oil, toasted or Olive Oil
- 1 Bag Baby Spinach (5 Oz.)
- 1 Green Anjou Pear, large, perfectly ripe, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 C. California Walnuts, divided
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- To prepare dressing, puree chopped pear, juice, vinegar, ginger, salt and pepper in a small blender until smooth. Add oil and blend again. (May be prepared up to 1 week ahead and stored tightly covered in the refrigerator.)
- Place spinach, pears and 1⁄4 cup walnuts in a large bowl. Drizzle with 1⁄4 cup dressing and toss lightly to coat.
- Add additional dressing, salt and pepper if desired. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts and serve immediately.
Recipe and photo shared with permission by CA Walnuts
Pears with Walnut and Spinach with Citrusy Dressing – Walnuts and pears shine in this simple, delicious salad that is sure to please! Keep the refreshing salads coming with this Grapefruit & Pomegranate Salad.
Shop from the comfort of your home! You can shop online at any of our proud family of stores for these recipe ingredients as well as the rest of your grocery list! We offer curbside pick up at all locations and delivery in select locations as well. Don’t forget to connect your MORE Rewards account when you shop online for extra savings, digital coupons, and many other rewards too!