- 1/2 Oz. Active Dry Yeast
- 1 1/3 C. Warm Water ~ 115°F, divided
- 1 C. Warm Mashed Potatoes, without added milk or butter
- 2/3 C. Sugar
- 2/3 C. Shortening
- 2 Large Eggs, room temperature
- 2 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 6 1/2 C. All-Purpose Flour
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in 2/3 cup warm water. In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes, sugar, shortening, eggs, salt, remaining 2/3 cup water, yeast mixture and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Do not knead. Shape into a ball and place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, until doubled.
- Punch down dough and divide into thirds. Divide and shape 1 portion into 15 balls; place in a greased 9-in. round baking pan and cover with a kitchen towel. Repeat with remaining 2 dough sections. Let them all rise in a warm place another 30 minutes, until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Bake rolls 20-25 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool for a few min. Serve warm.
These Potato Rolls are even better when served still warm from the oven and they go great with so many meals! Try these rolls with this traditional Irish Stew Pie recipe. You won’t be disappointed!
Shop from the comfort of your home! You can shop online at any of our proud family of stores for these recipe ingredients as well as the rest of your grocery list! We offer curbside pick up at all locations and delivery in select locations as well. Don’t forget to connect your MORE Rewards account when you shop online for extra savings, digital coupons, and many other rewards too!