Pressure Cooker Beef Pot Roast
1 hour, 40 minutes
- 1 Beef Bottom Round Roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- 2 Large Onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Red Bell Peppers, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 Cup Beef Broth
- 2 Fresh Zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2-1/2 Tbsp. Cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- In a 6-quart electric pressure cooker, press Italian seasoning evenly onto all surfaces of beef Bottom Round Roast. Place beef and 1/2 cup broth in pressure cooker. Close and lock pressure cooker lid. Set pressure cooker to HIGH pressure for 60 minutes. Once done, use quick-release feature to release pressure; carefully remove lid.
- While the beef is cooking, prep all vegetables and have additional ingredients ready. Once beef has cooked for 60 minutes, add onions, peppers and garlic in pressure cooker. Close and lock pressure cooker lid for additional 30-minute cook on high pressure. Use quick-release feature to release pressure; carefully remove lid.
- Remove 2 cups liquid and place in saucepan. Add zucchini to pressure cooker; close and lock lid. Cook on HIGH pressure for 3 minutes. Use quick-release feature to release pressure; carefully remove lid.
- Remove roast and vegetables from the pressure cooker; set aside. Strain cooking liquid; skim fat. Combine 2 cups cooking liquid (which we removed earlier) and cornstarch mixture in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened.
- Carve roast into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with vegetables and gravy.
Recipe shared with permission from MN Beef Council. Refer to their website for slow cooker instructions.