Strawberry and Spinach Salad
- 1 Lb. Fresh Baby Spinach
- 2 Cups Strawberries, sliced
- 3/4 Cup red onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 tsp Poppy Seeds
- Wash and dry the baby spinach.
- In a large bowl, blend together the spinach, sliced strawberries, and red onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, sugar and poppy seeds.
- Pour the dressing over the spinach blend just before serving. Toss gently to coat evenly. Top with walnuts if desired.
Dietitian's Tip: If you are looking to add protein, try adding garbanzo beans or grilled chicken! Feel free to add other fruits such as blueberries, blackberries, or fresh raspberries for a refreshing summer salad!
Recipe provided by Reach Up Head Start Early Head Start. Get more recipes here.