Recipe Difficulty: Easy
This easy recipe is hard to say no to! These taco pinwheels are perfect to add to lunch, or even a snack. Pair with some fruit for a balanced meal or snack.
- Cutting boards
- Sharp Knifes
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- Butter knife (for spreading)
- 8 Oz. Fat-Free Cream Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Low Sodium Salsa (Try Full Circle Medium Salsa)
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Mrs. Dash Taco Seasoning
- 1 Lb. Rotisserie Chicken, cubed (found in Deli or try canned chicken breast)
- 3 Stalks Green Onion, diced (optional)
- 4 Medium Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Wash your hands! (For at least 20 seconds), then wash your produce under running water.
- Measure our your ingredients per the recipe above. With adult supervision, cut the green onion into small pieces and cut the chicken into small chunks using a knife. (Note: Always use separate cutting boards when cutting different items (ex: use a different cutting board for produce, meat, etc.)
- Wash your hands, for at least 20 seconds.
- Put all ingredients, except tortillas, in a large bowl and mix well.
- Spread some of mixture onto tortilla, covering entire surface. Roll tightly. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Chill in fridge for 20 min. (Optional, makes for easier cutting)
- With adult supervision, cut tortillas in approximately 1 inch pieces.
- Wash hands and enjoy!
- Flour or corn tortillas can be substituted for whole wheat
- No chicken? Try adding in other protein such as black beans, or even leftover shredded pork! Canned chicken is a great substitute, too.
- Add in your own veggies, such as tomatoes, peppers, etc.