The Blend Classic California Burger
- 1 lb of lean ground beef 93/7
- 8 oz of mushrooms (white button and/or crimini mushrooms)
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp worchestire sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Sliced cheese
- Tomato slices
- Onion slices
- Whole wheat buns
- Thoroughly wash the mushrooms. Pat dry and place in a food processor. Plus slowly to make the mushrooms similar in texture to cooked ground beef.
- In a medium skillet, sauté onion with 1 Tbsp. of oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside to let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the lean ground beef and cooled mushrooms. Add in paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, as well as a dash salt & pepper.
- Once well blended, divide the mixture into 4 patties.
- Grill until the center has reached proper internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Just before removing from the grill, add on cheese and let melt.
- Place each patty onto a whole wheat bun and add on the toppings: mayo, lettuce, tomato, onions and avocado.
Originally published June 21, 2018
Revised Dec. 31, 2020