Recipe Difficulty: Medium
This Mother's Day, make muffins with mom! These muffins are perfectly sweet, just like your mom! Celebrate mother's day with quality time in the kitchen making your mom a sweet treat. These are perfect for mid-day snacks or a quick breakfast.
- Muffin Tin
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cups
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- 1½ Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Skim Milk
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Frozen Mixed Berries
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place liners in muffin tins, if desired.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar in large bowl.
- In separate bowl, combine milk, eggs, butter and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, and stir until just combined. Don’t over mix. Fold in mixed berries.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins. Bake 20-25 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean and tops are nicely browned.
- Regular flour can be substituted for whole wheat flour. Or- use half whole wheat and half white flour
- Frozen berries can be substituted for a full cup of frozen or fresh blueberries