Recipe Difficulty: Easy
- Cutting board
- Knife (paring knife and butter knife)
- Measuring Spoons
- 1 Tortilla
- 1 Leaf of lettuce
- 1 Tbsp. of Ranch Dressing (or Hummus)
- 2 Slices of Deli Meat
- Cucumber, cut in strips
- Red Pepper, cut in strips
- Cheese, shredded
- Wash your hands! (For at least 20 seconds)
- Wash your produce under running water. Scrub with your hands.
- Have an adult assist you in carefully cutting the vegetables into strips. Be sure to keep your fingers away from the knife. Younger children should have an adult help with this step. Then, wash your hands.
- Assemble your wrap: On top of your tortilla, layer lettuce leaves, ranch dressing, deli meat, sliced veggies and cheese. Roll up and enjoy!
- We recommend choosing a whole wheat tortilla if available. Otherwise, any flour tortilla will do.
- Substitute hummus or a fat-free cream cheese in place of the ranch dressing
- Mix up your veggies for any varieties that you have on hand. Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, snap peas, etc!
Adults should always supervise children in the kitchen, especially when using knifes and larger kitchen appliances. Please use your best judgement based on your child's skillset to determine which steps in the recipe they will need additional assistance with.