- 2 Bunches Fresh Asparagus (about 2 Lbs.), ends trimmed
- 4 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 C. Sliced Almonds
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tsp. Lemon and/or Orange Zest
- Heat large covered saucepot filled with salted water to boiling over high heat. Add asparagus and cook 4 to 5 minutes or just until asparagus is tender; drain.
- In same saucepot, melt butter over medium heat. Add almonds and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until almonds turn golden, stirring occasionally. Stir in juices, salt and pepper. Add asparagus and toss to combine; cook 1 minute. Serve asparagus garnished with zest.
Asparagus Almondine is a classy and delicious side dish that’s perfect for family dinners or holiday entertaining. Serve as a side dish with Spiced Orange Glaze Ham.
Shop from the comfort of your home! You can shop online at any of our proud family of stores for these recipe ingredients as well as the rest of your grocery list! We offer curbside pick up at all locations and delivery in select locations as well. Don’t forget to connect your MORE Rewards account when you shop online for extra savings, digital coupons, and many other rewards too!