Bacon Wrapped Cod
- 1 Lb. Fresh Cod Fillet
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 3 Oz. Thinly Sliced Slab Bacon, rind removed
- 1 Tbsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
For the Sauce
- 1/2 C. Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley Leaves
- 1 Shallot
- 1/4 C. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp. Capers
- Season cod with salt and pepper. Roll or fold the cod if needed and wrap bacon around it, securing with toothpicks. Cod should be completely covered with bacon except at corners.
- In a heavy-bottomed skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add wrapped cod and brown it on all sides for about 5 minutes. Cover skillet and continue cooking about 16 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mince parsley and shallot into small bowl. Whisk in oil followed by coarsely chopped capers.
- Once fish is cooked, transfer to a warmed serving platter and let rest for 4 minutes. Remove toothpicks and drain liquid. Cover with sauce and serve.
Bacon Wrapped Cod has all the wonderful goodness of bacon surrounding a flaky delicious cod filled center. What’s not to love? Try this Cedar Plank Salmon as well.
Shop from the comfort of your home! You can shop online at any of our proud family of stores for these recipe ingredients as well as the rest of your grocery list! We offer curbside pick up at all locations and delivery in select locations as well. Don’t forget to connect your MORE Rewards account when you shop online for extra savings, digital coupons, and many other rewards too!