Beer Crusted Pizza
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 3 1/2 C. All-Purpose Flour Plus Additional For Dusting
- 1 Tbsp. Plus 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 tsp. Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 Bottle or Can (12 ounces) Beer Such as Lager, Pale Ale or IPA, at room temperature
- 2/3 C. Pizza Sauce
- 2 C. Favorite Shredded Cheese
- Optional toppings: chopped/sliced bell pepper, black olives, cooked bacon, mushrooms, onion, pickled jalapeños, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, pepperoni.
- Preheat oven to 450°; brush 2 cookie sheets with oil. In large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, sugar and salt; gradually add beer to flour mixture, stirring after each addition until incorporated.
- On lightly floured work surface, knead dough 1 minute or until smooth and elastic. Divide dough into 2 equal pieces; with rolling pin, roll out each into a 10-inch circle and transfer to prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake crusts 5 minutes; top with sauce, cheese and optional toppings, if desired. Bake pizzas 15 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is golden brown. Cut each pizza into 8 slices.
Prepared dough can be frozen by individually wrapping each dough piece with plastic wrap and freezing for up to 2 months; thaw dough in refrigerator overnight and bring to room temperature before rolling out, topping and baking.
Beer Crusted Pizza will level up your homemade pizza night! Plus it gives you a reason to pick up your favorite beer on the way home! Can’t get enough pizza? Give these Easy Pizza Sliders a try too!
Shop from the comfort of your home! You can shop online at any of our proud family of stores for these recipe ingredients as well as the rest of your grocery list! We offer curbside pick up at all locations and delivery in select locations as well. Don’t forget to connect your MORE Rewards account when you shop online for extra savings, digital coupons, and many other rewards too!