Hugs & Kisses Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies
A fun and festive Valentine’s day treat!
- 1 C. Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 3/4 C. Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp. Cherry Juice
- 1 tsp. Almond Extract
- 2 1/4 C. All Purpose Flour
- 16 oz. Jar Maraschino Cherries, drained and chopped
- Hershey Dark Chocolate Kisses or Hugs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, salt and powdered sugar with a hand mixer. Add in cherry juice, and almond extract. Beat until well combined.
- Slowly add in flour and mix until a dough has formed and it’s well combined. Using a rubber spatula, carefully fold in the cherries. (Optional: Let dough chill in fridge for 20-30 minutes)
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and set on prepared baking sheet. Continue to do this until all the cookie dough has been used. Bake the cookies at 350°F for 8-10 minutes.
- Immediately after taking the cookies from the oven, gently press a Hershey Dark Chocolate Kiss or Hug into the middle of each cookie. (Note: the Hugs will melt quickly, but the Kisses will keep their shape.
Hugs & Kisses Cherry Almond Short Bread Cookies are a fun and festive Valentine’s day treat that both you and the kids will love!Looking for more Valentine’s Day Day treats? Check out this cute recipe – Valentine’s Day Cookie Dough Truffles.
Shop from the comfort of your home! You can shop online at any of our proud family of stores for these recipe ingredients as well as the rest of your grocery list! We offer curbside pick up at all locations and delivery in select locations as well. Don’t forget to connect your MORE Rewards account when you shop online for extra savings, digital coupons, and many other rewards too!
Shop Cash Wise Foods
Shop MarketPlace Foods