Lemon Surprise Cake
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 1 Package (15.25 Oz.) Butter Recipe Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Package (3.4 Oz.) Lemon Instant Pudding and Pie Filling
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/2 C. Vegetable Oil
- 1 C. Water
- 2 tsp. Lemon Zest
- 1 Jar (10 ounces) Lemon Curd
- 1 Container (8 Oz.) Whipped Topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray 13 x 9-inch metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, with mixer on low speed, beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, 3/4 cup water and lemon zest until moistened. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes longer, scraping bowl occasionally with rubber spatula.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean; cool cake in pan on wire rack 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium microwave-safe bowl, stir lemon curd and remaining 1/4 cup water. Heat in microwave oven on high 1 minute or until melted; stir until smooth. With end of wooden spoon, poke 24 evenly spaced holes in cake. With rubber spatula, evenly spread lemon curd mixture over cake. Refrigerate cake 20 minutes. Evenly spread whipped topping over cake. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.
Lemon Surprise Cake is a party for your taste buds! It’s a perfectly sweet treat you’re sure to love and perfect for parties. If you need something for a fancier occasion, these Instant Pot® Chocolate Soufflé Cakes with Strawberry Sauce are amazing!
Shop from the comfort of your home! You can shop online at any of our proud family of stores for these recipe ingredients as well as the rest of your grocery list! We offer curbside pick up at all locations and delivery in select locations as well. Don’t forget to connect your MORE Rewards account when you shop online for extra savings, digital coupons, and many other rewards too!