Mashed Potato, Cheddar & Leek Hot Dish
1 hour, 5 minutes
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 2-1/2 Lb. Yukon Gold Potatoes (About 6 Medium Potatoes), peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks (about 8 cups)
- 8 Oz. Sour Cream (decrease saturated fat by replacing with fat-free Greek yogurt!)
- 6 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 8 Slices Smoked Bacon (about 1/2 Lb.), cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces (decrease sodium and saturated fat by substituting low-sodium turkey bacon for regular smoked bacon)
- 2 Medium Leeks, each cut lengthwise in half, then cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Package (8 Oz.) Shredded Cheddar Cheese (2 C.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2- to 2-1/2-quart glass or ceramic baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In large covered saucepot, add potatoes and enough salted water to cover; heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 12 to 14 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain potatoes, then return to same saucepot. Add sour cream, butter, nutmeg, salt and pepper. With potato masher, mash potatoes so they are slightly chunky.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat 7 to 9 minutes or until crisp, stirring frequently. With slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate.
- Add leeks to bacon drippings in skillet; cook over medium heat 8 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute longer, stirring occasionally.
- Fold leek mixture, bacon and 1 cup cheese into potato mixture until well combined. Spread potato mixture evenly in prepared dish. Bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese over potatoes and bake 10 to 12 minutes longer or until top is lightly browned.
Mashed Potato, Cheddar & Leek Hot Dish is a tasty twist on a classic dish. Give it a try – you’re sure to love it! If you would rather stick to the classics here’s a great recipe for Mashed Potatoes with Bacon & Cheddar!
Shop from the comfort of your home! You can shop online at any of our proud family of stores for these recipe ingredients as well as the rest of your grocery list! We offer curbside pick up at all locations and delivery in select locations as well. Don’t forget to connect your MORE Rewards account when you shop online for extra savings, digital coupons, and many other rewards too!