Savory Blueberry Pecan Flatbread
Have a plan, Have A Plant™. This recipe is a perfect way to enjoy more plant-based foods as a nutritious lunch, a fun snack, or a party appetizer.
- 1 lb. Pizza Dough
- 1-1/2 C. Grated Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1/2 C. Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese
- 4 oz. Drained Pancetta (bacon or ham if pancetta not available), cooked and drained
- ¼ Thinly Sliced Red Onion
- 1 C. Fresh Blueberries
- 1/4 C. Thinly Sliced Fresh Basil
- 3/4 C. Pecan Pieces, toasted
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Lightly flour a work surface. Pat and stretch dough into a 10 x 14 oval; place on a large baking sheet. With a fork, pierce dough in several places.
- Leaving a 1-inch border, sprinkle dough with half the mozzarella, the gorgonzola, pancetta, and red onion.
- Bake until crust is golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Sprinkle blueberries, pecan pieces, and remaining mozzarella over flatbread; bake until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown, about 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven; top with basil and pepper.
Recipe created in partnership with the Produce for Better Health Foundation, American Pecan Council and US Highbush Blueberry Council.