Mini Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 3 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1 Small White Onion, halved and chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
- 2 C. Whole Milk
- 2 tsp. Chopped Fresh Thyme
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 C. Plus 2 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 Medium Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced crosswise (about 1 3/4 pounds), divided
- Sliced Fresh Chives for Garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°; spray 12-cup standard muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In medium saucepot, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook 1 minute or until fragrant, stirring frequently. Add flour; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Whisk in milk, thyme, salt and pepper; cook 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, whisking occasionally. Whisk in 1 cup cheese; cook 1 minute or until smooth, whisking constantly. Makes about 3 cups.
- Fill prepared muffin cups halfway with 1/2 the potatoes; divide 1 1/2 cups butter mixture over potatoes. Repeat layers with remaining 1/2 the potatoes and 1 1/2 cups butter mixture; sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese. Bake gratins 40 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 12 gratins.
- Serve gratins sprinkled with chives, if desired.
Mini Creamy Au Gratin Potatoes are the potatoes you never knew you needed! Mini makes everything cuter and who doesn’t love potatoes! Try this tasty potato recipe next – Cheesy Garlic Smashed Potatoes.
Shop from the comfort of your home! You can shop online at any of our proud family of stores for these recipe ingredients as well as the rest of your grocery list! We offer curbside pick up at all locations and delivery in select locations as well. Don’t forget to connect your MORE Rewards account when you shop online for extra savings, digital coupons, and many other rewards too!