Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 Large Jalapeño Pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 5 Medium Tomatoes, chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. Grated, Peeled Fresh Ginger
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 4 C. Diced Wweet Potatoes
- 4 C. Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 2 Cans (15 Oz. Each) Reduced Sodium Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Optional Garnishes: Plain Greek Yogurt, Coarsely Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- In large saucepot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and jalapeño; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes; cook 5 minutes or until tomatoes have broken down and onion is soft, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic, ginger, cinnamon and salt; cook 1 minute.
- Add potatoes and broth; increase heat to medium-high and heat to simmering. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Add beans and honey; cook 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Serve chili topped with yogurt and/or cilantro, if desired.
Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili is a vegetarian’s dream! All the best flavors with a wide variety of vegetables you’re sure to love. Here’s another great vegetarian recipe to try too – Southwestern Stuffed Sweet Potatoes.
Shop from the comfort of your home! You can shop online at any of our proud family of stores for these recipe ingredients as well as the rest of your grocery list! We offer curbside pick up at all locations and delivery in select locations as well. Don’t forget to connect your MORE Rewards account when you shop online for extra savings, digital coupons, and many other rewards too!