Are you looking for something to serve your family during lent? Well hold on because this recipe blows the fish right out of the water and on to your plate. I just love the cornmeal mixture with the Lemon Pepper. This is such a refreshing sandwich for lunch or for your main entrée at dinner. Quick, easy and you’re ready to eat! Enjoy… I did!
Coborn’s Inc. Meat and Seafood Merchandiser
- 2 T. Yellow Cornmeal
- 2 T. Flour
- 1 tsp. Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1 T. Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tilapia Fillets (about 6 oz. each) Cut Crosswise In Half
- 1/2 Cup Tartar Sauce
- 4 Sandwich Buns
- 1 Cup Shredded Lettuce
- In shallow bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, seasoned salt and lemon-pepper seasoning.
- In electric skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Coat fish fillets with flour mixture.
- Cook in oil 4 to 6 minutes, turning once, until fish reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- Spread tartar sauce on cut sides of toasted buns.
- Layer with lettuce and fish fillets in buns.